In this Article...
Part four of our overwintering series - keeping cattle safe over winter - a lot depends on the kind of barn you have.
- Well ventilated cow sheds help prevent diseases, whilst letting in fresh air and natural light and lessening rain and snow ingress.
- good drainage to remove excess moisture
- cubicles for extra snugness
- access to a concrete yard
- preferably a view
- always supplied with fresh water and feed
- Traditional open-fronted cart-shed
This video shows the principles of design: